Saturday, September 21, 2013

Why I Chose Alternative Health Care

September 21, 2013


I started college with the intention of becoming a medical doctor.  I had always wanted to be a doctor for as far back as I can remember.  At age 22 I had back surgery to restore the use of my right leg, and it did work.  However, after the surgery my doctor informed me that I just had a bad back and would be having surgery every 5 to 10 years for the rest of my life.  Remember, I was only 22 at the time - YIKES!

I was appalled!  It was – “Oh no, this was a one-time deal.”

I dropped out of pre-med and began looking for something that would fulfill my dream of being a healer.  At age 27 I was talked into trying chiropractic, and was also introduced to nutritional supplementation.  What an amazing combination!  It’s been nearly 40 yrs since that surgeon’s depressing prognosis, and still no back surgery on the horizon.


I finished my pre-med requirements and enrolled in Chiropractic College.  With the excellent, well-rounded education and degree in chiropractic, and a passion for nutrition and other safe and natural healing modalities, I am the healer I dreamed of becoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment